The links below access general resources and information about research funding. For additional support from the Research Development group, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Conrad Monson at (801) 422-7722.
For New Faculty
- The links to the right include access to a downloadable guide for new faculty interested in starting a research program. Although the steps – plotting a long-term research strategy, understanding your institutional procedures, finding mentors, etc. – are tailored for new faculty, the process described in this guide is useful for anyone developing a research program. Likewise the guidance in the UC Berkeley link “New to Grants and Contracts” describes the process for finding and submitting proposals that can be used by new and experienced faculty.
Developing Research Programs
- The links to the right provide information about developing and growing a research program beginning with a research idea, connecting with colleagues, securing funding, etc.
- Organizations are funding more and more interdisciplinary research projects. Thus funding for individual researchers in “stovepiped” projects is getting increasingly difficult to obtain. The links to the right provide recommendations and guides for interdisciplinary research and for creating and managing interdisciplinary research programs.
Guidance from ORCA
- The links to BYU’s ORCA site provide access to general information about obtaining funding and writing proposals. ORCA also provides information (such as the project budget) that is required by BYU before a proposal can be submitted.
Guidance from the BYU Faculty Center
- Like BYU’s ORCA, the Faculty Center also provides general information about developing a research program, writing proposals, and obtaining funds that BYU provides for research and proposal writing workshops. The links to the right provide access to the Faculty Center resources.
Other University Research Development Sites
- There are many Research Development-type websites created by other universities. For those who want to look at these other website, here are ones we have found most useful.