Develop An Idea
Identify a Fundable Research Topic
1. Clearly describe the problem, need, or area of research you want to get funded.
2. Collect and analyze background information - (journal articles, results of preliminary research, etc.) to ensure your idea is novel, relevant, and compelling.
3. Draft a short, well-crafted description of the problem/need/idea and present it to colleagues for a critical review.
4. Do you have the ability, capability and resources to pursue your idea?
5. Identify any preliminary research in the area you are pursuing or in a related area. Will your idea build upon this research?
6. Identify your competitors and their strengths and weaknesses. Do you know if they will submit a proposal? Have you considered collaborating with a potential competitor?